There are a number of reasons you may want to Transfer Ownership of a figure. These could include:
- You bought the figure used and want to add it to your collection
- You are at a friend's house and want to add it to their collection
- You are at a friend's house and want to take advantage of the Elemental Bonus
While you could accomplish the same task by Resetting the Figure, Transferring Ownership allows you to retain the current Stats and Upgrades on the figure.
There is no limit to how often or how many times you can Transfer Ownership.
Once you place your Skylander on the Portal, you need to access the Skylander menu. This can be done by pressing the:
- Select button on PS3
- Touchscreen on PS4
- Back button on Xbox 360
- View button on Xbox One
- ‘-‘ (minus) button on Wii
- ‘-‘ (minus) button on Wii U
- Pause button on Tablet
Then click on Ownership. Finally, click on Yes to finalize the process.
Now your Skylander will be added to your collection and you will receive the Elemental Bonus without losing the Level, Gold, and Upgrades you have built up on the figure.
The instructions above are for the newest game, Skylanders SuperChargers. For more details on Taking Ownership in Skylanders Trap Team, go here.